Position: Site Manager
Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
Summary: We are looking for an experienced facilities manager to oversee both buildings/grounds and business management. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities and operations are safe and well-functioning.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize church property usage for both inside and outside groups while reducing operating costs. Leadership abilities and experience in developing teams/people can set you apart among our candidate pool.
The goal of this position is to ensure church facilities and business practices enable the ministries of our church.
Responsibilities (Physical properties)
- Develop a team of volunteers to care for the buildings and grounds
- Plan and coordinate all facility installations and refurbishments
- Oversee the maintenance of church buildings, grounds, and vehicles
- Manage upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect building structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Oversee the janitorial service
- Oversee the hosting of groups using the facilities (assist as appropriate)
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Maintain the physical condition of our rental properties
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- When appropriate personally undertake building projects and janitorial duties
Responsibilities (Business management)
- Work with the Elders in preparing the annual church budget
- Work with Elders, staff and ministry leaders to communicate clear, relevant information to each other and the congregation
- Supervise support staff (office staff, custodians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Update and maintain employee handbook and building use policies
- Perform spending analysis and budget forecasting
- Experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Knowledge of MS Office software & willingness to learn and utilize “Planning Center” software
- Relevant professional qualification and/or BS/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field will be an advantage
- As a 501(c)(3) Religious Non-Profit, candidate should hold religious beliefs in agreement with those in the FBC’s Articles of Faith (Found Here).