Pastor Steve Thomas
John 20:19-23, 30-31 & Ephesians 2:1-10
- Read Ephesians chapter 1 through chapter 2:10. Take note of the shared phrases, ideas and themes.
- Ephesians 2:1-3 talks about bondage and enslavement. What are the ways people are enslaved that Paul gives? Have you experienced these
- Paul was a devout Jew, someone whose behavior would have been exemplary in the moral categories. How does enslavement affect religious people? How come behavior modification is powerless to truly transform us?
- What are the words which Paul uses to describe God? Which is the most important to you today
- Paul uses three verbs to express what God HAS DONE FOR US already in uniting us with Christ. What are they? How do they align with the enslavement in verses 1-3?
- What are you saved from? What are you saved for?
Spiritual Exercise: Read Ephesians 2:1-10 again, but before you read, ask God to help you see clearly where you are in this passage. Then, read the passage and respond in faith to what God is calling you to do.