Worship led by David SoMessage by Jerome Wernow
Posted by First Baptist Church of Corvallis on Sunday, May 31, 2020
” Thus Far ”
1 Samuel 7:1-12
Offerings and Tithes This Week:
For the next few weeks, when we aren’t passing the plate in service, we will need to pay attention and plan ahead to give our tithes and offerings in an alternate fashion.
We have two options:
– GIVING ONLINE HERE
– By Mail: sending checks to “First Baptist Church Corvallis”, 125 NW 10th, Corvallis, OR 97330
Town Hall Meeting:
There will be a Town Hall Meeting next Sunday, May 31st, at 1:00 PM, via Zoom. The town hall will give you a chance to ask questions and talk through the church budget for this next year. The new budget will be a 12-month budget that takes us through June 2021. We will also share our building reopening plan, please bring any questions you have! You can find the link for the meeting by clicking here.
There will be a Congregational Meeting on Sunday June 7th at 1:00 PM via Zoom. Key business at this meeting will be voting on the new 12-month budget for 2020-21.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF CORVALLIS
SPRING CONGREGATIONAL MEETING AGENDA
DATE: June 7, 2020, 1:00 PM
Follow this link to join the meeting:
Or call this number on your phone: (669) 900-9128
(Meeting ID: 813 0349 2600, Password: 495542)
For technical assistance contact Jason Pittmans or Mark Overholser
- Opening statements – Julie Ahrendt – 3 min
- Devotional thought & prayer – Mike Rinkin – 5 min
- Read of previous minutes – Brooke Staples – 5 min
- Membership Matters – Matt MacClary – 10 min
- Voting on Zoom
- Leadership Reports (40 min)
- Ministry Plan – Russ Richmond – 15 min
- Financial update – Daniel Peterson – 5 min
- Church budget – Eddie Demasi – 10 min
- Voting on Zoom
- Church budget – Jeff Harris – 10 min
- General Q&A – Matt MacClary – 5 min
- Old Business – Julie Ahrendt – 2 min
- New Business – Julie Ahrendt – 3 min
- Closing prayer – Dale Durrell – 2 min
- Come pick one up from the office during office hours (T-F 9:00 – 12:00 and 1:00 – 4:00)
- Call the church office and request one be sent via mail
- Call the church office and request one be delivered to you. Mary Ellen Wernow is willing to deliver some.
Staying in Touch with FBC:
As we are slowly regathering/reopening, we want to remind you that the church is opening up to groups under 25 people at a time in the building. Contact the office if you would like to reserve a room. The office is open from 9-12 and 1-4 PM. We also encourage you to watch the live stream on Sunday’s and maybe find a small group of friends to meet together with on Sunday morning.
Building Reopening and Building Use:
FBC History Document:
“The First Baptist Story, Vol. 1”
This book was written as a historical overview of the ministry and happenings of the first 120 years of our local church. It instructs and inspires us to see the Holy Spirit’s work of provision and redemption through ordinarily extraordinary people here in Corvallis, Oregon. Give it a read!
City Serve 2020 has been cancelled. BUT Love INC is looking for volunteers to help during this season. If you would like to help in this time just click this link and sign up to be a volunteer.
Love INC is looking for someone from FBC to help connect needs that come into the Love INC office that can not readily be met by the current gap ministries through Love INC. This volunteer would be called a Church Ministry Coordinator. A CMC knows the congregation, which people are available/gifted in different ways, and is a good communicator. Preferably this would be someone who is a current Love INC volunteer or has prior experience, but it is not required. If this sounds like something you may be interested in, sign up at the link above, Love INC will then contact you on next steps.
WEEKLY PRAYER & PRAISE GUIDE
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful” Colossians 4:2
Prayer for our supported Mission Agencies:
Our church not only supports individual missionaries (and their family) but also some mission agencies that serve our community. We’d like to highlight Interfaith Caregivers and We Care.
Interfaith Caregivers is a caring community of volunteers from any faith and age whose responsibility it is to work with, serve, and assist people in order that they may maintain their independence and dignity to the highest possible degree.
We Care is an organization that pools the resources of the community to meet one-time emergency needs of families and individuals such as rental assistance, utility assistance, therapy services, food, personal care items, and more.
- that the individuals served by these agencies would see Jesus and draw near to Him
- That volunteers would spread the light of Jesus in each conversation they have with clients
Prayer for our Church Family:
- Our Church to grow in love and unity during this season.
- Peace in body, mind, and spirit in this time of uncertainty.