Worship led by Pastor Russ RichmondMessage by Pastor Bill Knopp
Posted by First Baptist Church of Corvallis on Sunday, June 7, 2020
Pastor Bill Knopp
Are You Ready For The Wedding?
Offerings and Tithes This Week:
For the next few weeks, when we aren’t passing the plate in service, we will need to pay attention and plan ahead to give our tithes and offerings in an alternate fashion.
We have two options:
– GIVING ONLINE HERE
– By Mail: sending checks to “First Baptist Church Corvallis”, 125 NW 10th, Corvallis, OR 97330
There will be a Congregational Meeting on Sunday June 7th at 1:00 PM via Zoom. Key business at this meeting will be voting on the new 12-month budget for 2020-21.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF CORVALLIS
SPRING CONGREGATIONAL MEETING AGENDA
DATE: June 7, 2020, 1:00 PM
Follow this link to join the meeting:
Or call this number on your phone: (669) 900-9128
(Meeting ID: 813 0349 2600, Password: 495542)
For technical assistance contact Jason Pittman or Mark Overholser
- Opening statements – Julie Ahrendt – 3 min
- Devotional thought & prayer – Mike Rinkin – 5 min
- Read of previous minutes – Brooke Staples – 5 min
- Membership Matters – Matt MacClary – 10 min
- Voting on Zoom
- Leadership Reports (40 min)
- Ministry Plan – Russ Richmond – 15 min
- Financial update – Daniel Peterson – 5 min
- Church budget – Eddie Demasi – 10 min
- Voting on Zoom
- Transition team update – Jeff Harris – 10 min
- General Q&A – Matt MacClary – 5 min
- Old Business – Julie Ahrendt – 2 min
- New Business – Julie Ahrendt – 3 min
- Closing prayer – Dale Durrell – 2 min
Global Prayer Meeting:
Please join us on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 PM, through the month of June, online as we seek God for our church, His leading and wisdom, protection and blessing on our missionaries. The meetings will be held over Zoom. Join us! You can click here to join the meeting. Meeting ID: 656 591 9953
Bridal and Baby Shower:
Ladies, come celebrate the new beginnings of Estany Campbell-Dunfee transitioning from miss to Mrs, and Sarah Ferchland’s journey into motherhood! We are having a combined shower at Crystal Lake Park on Sunday June 14th at 2:00 PM. Please bring a picnic blanket or camping chair for yourself. Light snacks will be provided. It is short notice so don’t feel pressured to bring gifts, Estany and Sarah are happy with just having you there. If you want to view their registries you can see Estany’s here and Sarah’s here. To RSVP or if you have questions or concerns please call or text Ami Hoglund at 971-704-4612. We hope you can make it!
Daily Bread booklets for June/July/August are available at the church. If you would like one there are a few ways to get one:
- Come pick one up from the office during office hours (T-F 9:00 – 12:00 and 1:00 – 4:00)
- Call the church office and request one be sent via mail
- Call the church office and request one be delivered to you. Mary Ellen Wernow is willing to deliver some.
Staying in Touch with FBC:
Regathering and Building Use:
As we are slowly regathering/reopening, we want to remind you that the church is opening up to groups under 25 people at a time in the building. Contact the office if you would like to reserve a room. The office is open from 9-12 and 1-4 PM. We also encourage you to watch the live stream on Sundays and maybe find a small group of friends to meet together with on Sunday morning.
FBC History Document:
“The First Baptist Story, Vol. 1”
This book was written as a historical overview of the ministry and happenings of the first 120 years of our local church. It instructs and inspires us to see the Holy Spirit’s work of provision and redemption through ordinarily extraordinary people here in Corvallis, Oregon. Give it a read!
Help us bless those in need of hygiene items. The hygiene closet is in need of the following item(s) this week: ladies’ and men’s razors, ladies’ and men’s shaving cream, ladies’ and men’s deodorant, lotion, size five and six diapers, laundry detergent, and hair brushes. Please drop off any donations to the church office during the week.
WEEKLY PRAYER & PRAISE GUIDE
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful” Colossians 4:2
Prayer for our Missionaries:
Dr. Val & Waffle Lomilo – serving on the continent of Africa in Uganda with New Horizons.
- Wisdom and safety as they serve on the Ugandan Corona Virus task force.
- Spiritual fruit to come from the tribal villages requesting Christian help in the church, schools, and clinic
Prayer for our Church Family:
- Our Church to grow in love and unity during this season.
- Peace in body, mind, and spirit in this time of uncertainty.