Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Daniel chapter 2. Who are the main characters? What roles do they play?
- Based on this account, what words would you use to describe the king, the king’s advisors, Daniel (and the guys), and God?
- The author of the book of Daniel intended for this account to provide something needed for God’s people to live faithfully in a mostly “God-less” society. What are some ideas the author conveys? Do you need to hear these in your life?
- Where do you see the end of “Babylonian” thinking? When it comes to fully knowing life, the future, and who we are and God is, what is needed?
- How does this story challenge you or comfort you?
- Spiritual Exercise: Reflect on what gave Daniel the confidence to sing worship while in exile. Read the “song” a few times in Daniel 2:20-23. How is God
encouraging you to live firmly and faithfully in your experience of “exile’? How can you act in faith?