Pastor Russ Richmond
- Read the whole story of Ruth. What are the Acts and Scenes it breaks down into?
- Each Act has a big decision a key character makes, on which the rest of the story hinges. What are the four decisions of the book? What do we learn from each one?
- What admirable qualities do you see in Ruth and Boaz in chapter 3?
- What is risky about Naomi’s plot 3:1-5?
- How do the stories of Lot and his daughters (Genesis 19:35-36) and Judah and Tamar (Genesis 38) tie into Ruth 3?
- How do you see God and His loving friendship in the actions and happenings of our story?
- When have you been awakened to the love of God towards you? How has God confirmed His love to you?
- How can someone have their eyes opened to the “breadth and length and height and depth” of the love of Christ (Ephesians 3:18-19)? How about you?
2018 Advent Reading: Love