Pastor Steve Thomas
1 John 4:13-16
- Read 1 John 4:13-16. What can you learn about Jesus from this passage?
- Who has been given the Spirit? Consider: Acts 2:28 and Romans 8:9-10.
- Read John 14:16-17. Look up the word παράκλητοs translated “Helper” or “Counselor” in a Bible dictionary. What does the word mean? Where else does John use the word? What is the significance of this “παράκλητος” being “another” in John 14:16?
- When you think about the Holy Spirit… what do you think? How have you seen or experienced the Holy Spirit at work in your life?
- How would you describe the relationship between the Spirit’s ministry in your life and the written words of God in the Bible? How do they interact?
Spiritual Exercise: Choose either Romans 8, John 14:12-31 & John 16, or Galatians 5. Read, study, and reflect on this passage daily this week. Then, in prayer, ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to His work in your life and how you can grow in understanding and following Jesus through His leading daily.