Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Acts 2:41-47 three of four times.
- Read John 6:25-51. Who is involved in this passage?
- According to Jesus, what was motivating the people looking for Jesus? How do you see this reflected in the 1 Corinthians 11 passage?
- What was the purpose of the “bread from heaven” given to the people in the wilderness? How does Jesus bring the meaning of this “bread from heaven” to its fullness?
- Paul warns the church in Corinth not to take the Lord’s Supper lightly, but rather to realize the gravity of this meal. What are some ways you could take the bread and juice in an “unworthy” manner?
- What is the difference between being “unworthy to take” and “taking in an unworthy manner”? How does the significance of the meal itself address this distinction?
- Spiritual Exercise: Set a reminder on your phone, or write one in your day planner, for the Saturday before our next communion Sunday (3/2). Think about how you could take some extra time that Saturday night (or Sunday morning) to intentionally prepare to encounter Jesus at His table and let Him minister life and grace to you.