Pastor Steve Thomas
Romans 12:1-2; Colossians 3
- Read Romans 12:1-2 and Colossians 3. Circle or note any words which have to do with our thought life.
- How would you describe the way Paul begins both Romans 12 and Colossians 3?
- How does Romans 12 connect with Hosea 6:6, Psalms 40:6-8 & Psalms 51:16-17?
- Paul calls us to offer our “bodies as living sacrifices.” What does this mean? What dies? What lives?
- Colossians 3 commands us to put to death certain things, rid ourselves of things, and stop doing things. What type of things are these?
- What type of things are we to “put on” (Colossians 3:12)?
- How do we put these things on (Colossians 3:1-4, 10, 15-17)? How does thinking play into this putting off and putting on?
- Spiritual Exercise: Read through Colossians 3 again thinking about your present life and relationships. Ask the Holy Spirit to call to your mind habits of this age which need to be taken off and a new habit of a renewed mind that He wants you to put on. How will you set your mind on the things above and act in obedience to the Holy Spirit’s leading?