Pastor Steve Thomas
Philippians 2:12-13; John 12:3-6; Ephesians 1; 1 Timothy 6:12; John 8:31-32
- Read John 13:1-6. What is happening? What does Jesus know about Himself? What does this enable Him to do?
- Read Ephesians 1. In your Bible or on a piece of paper, write down as man answers as you can to this statement… In Christ I am____.
- Where do you see parallels between Jesus knowing His identity and you knowing your identity from Ephesians 1?
- From your study on Ephesians 1, what are two or three of the “I am” statements which speak the most to you at this moment in your spiritual life?
- Which of the faulty foundations for identity can you identify with either now or in the past? (Ex: Performacnce, People, Possessions, Power, etc.)
- Spiritual Exercise: This week look up Neil Anderson’s “Who I Am In Christ” list. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you to one of these categories and statements that you need to memorize and work out in your life.