Pastor Steve Thomas
Philippians 1:6; 2:12-13; Ephesians 2:1-10; 4:17-24
- Read Philippians 2:12-13 a few times. Then, read and contemplate Paul’s prayers in Ephesians 1:15-23 and 3:14-19.
- Make three observations about how God is at work in your spiritual life from Paul’s prayers?
- What is something you learned about growing as a Christian from Paul’s prayers in Ephesians 1 and 3?
- Read Ephesians 2:1-10. What encourages you from this passage?
- Read Ephesians 4:17-24. Think about how Paul relates mind/thinking and hear/desires in this passage. Is thinking simply about information and propositions? Why or why not?
- Philippians 2:12-13 talks about what we do and what God does. How does Ephesians 4:22-24 connect with Philippians 2:12-13? What is one way you can act in faith on this passage this week?
- Spiritual Exercise: Jesus taught the disciples that they would not be alone after His resurrection but have the Holy Spirit with them. This week, spend time in prayer asking for greater awareness of the Holy Spirit’s work in and around you. Practice “walking by the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16, 25) this week by daily being mindful and submissive to his promptings, warnings, empowering, and assuring.