Pastor Steve Thomas
Mark 4:1-20; Hebrews 12:1-3
- Read Mark 4:7, 18-19; Hebrews 12:1-3 and James 1:13-16. What are some
parallel thoughts between these passages. What images are used?
- What is a Bible story you can think of that highlights either the power of sin to tempt and corrupt, or the way to resist sin and overcome temptation?
- What are the categories of thorns Jesus lists? What are some sins within those categories? Is there an area you are struggling with now?
- Read these three passages: Heb. 12:1-3; Gal. 5:16-17; Phi. 2:12-13. What are you called to do? What resources do you have available? Where is your hope?
- Spiritual Exercise: Ask the Holy Spirit to expose an area of sin in your life, not an action, but a sinful belief or habit that is strangling your fruitfulness. Trust and obey God’s word. Confess the sin to God (1 John 1:9) and a mature
Christian friend (James 5:16) and begin the work of putting this sin to death.