Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Mark 4:1-20. Focus on the rocky soil. Write a sentence or two describing the problem facing the seed in the rocky soil.
- Shallow could be a good word describe the problem of the seed. What does a shallow faith prevent a follower of Jesus from doing?
- What do you think the immediately joyful believer was expecting life with Jesus to be like? What did they find? Has this happened to you before?
- Read these three verses and explain how they relate to the rocky soil: 1 John 3:12-14; 1 Peter 4:12-16: John 16:33.
- Spiritual Exercise: Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you any “rocks” that are hampering your faith from flourishing. If He shows you one, what must you do to dig it up and let your roots down deeper? You are not alone… who can help?