Pastor Steve Thomas
Genesis 1:26-28; 2:15-17; Romans 8:29
- Read Genesis 1:26-28 and Gen. 2:15-17
- Analyze the differences between God’s creating plant life (Gen. 1:11-13), water animals (1:20-23), land animals (1:24-25) and human life (1:26-28).
- What makes “Human” different from all else in God’s creation?
- What do you think it means to “image” God? What needs to happen to rightly reflect God’s glory into His creation?
- Read Gen. 9:6 and James 3:9. How is the image of God used in these verses? Who has the image of God?
- Col. 1:15 says that Jesus is the “image of the invisible God”. How does this help you understand what it is to be in God’s likeness?
- Spiritual Exercise: Rom. 8:29 teaches us that we are predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus, who is the image of God. Read and meditate on Gen. 1:26-28 and ask the Holy Spirit to show you where you could better reflect God in your life this week.