Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Philippians 3:12-15. What is the “one thing” for which Paul strains? How does Paul do that on a daily bases?
- Study the word “perfect” (τελειόω in Greek) in 3:12. This link will give you some more insight into the original word: https://biblehub.com/greek/5048.htm. What is Paul keenly aware of in his spiritual journey?
- How does the racing imagery help you understand the dangers of only looking back or forward and ignoring the present?
- In Phil. 3:12-15, what has God already done and what is Paul
actively doing? How do those challenge you and comfort you?
- Do you tend to live in the past, the future, or the present? Why do you think this is?
- Spiritual Exercise: As you read Philippians 3:12-15 again, ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you how to respond to this passage in your life today. What is He asking you to do?