1 John 4:16-21
- Read 1 John 4:16-21. What is one word or phrase that stands out to you?
- What is the reason for our confidence? Read Mat. 3:17 and 1 John 3:1. How does God see you in this world?
- How secure are you in the relationship of “beloved” child of God? What affect could knowing that, in Christ, you are God’s “beloved” have on your life?
- What are some reasons you struggle to love yourself or your neighbor?
- Read Revelation 2:1-7 about the church in Ephesus. What did they do well? What was Jesus’ concern? What was Jesus pathway to greater love?
- Is something restricting the flow of God’s love to you and/or through you to your neighbor? What would doing Jesus’ teaching in Rev. 2:5 look like in your life?
Spiritual Exercise: Practice gratitude this week. Each morning, begin by giving thanks to God for making you His “beloved” son or daughter through Christ. Throughout your day give thanks to God for all the gifts you can count. When something challenging arises, remind yourself you are God’s “beloved” and give thanks to Him.