Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Acts 2:41-47 three or four times.
- In Acts 2:42, what were the Christians continually working at in their lives? Is there one of these areas you need to recommit to consistently practicing?
- What do you thing about the principle: Something you have to open up eyes to help people hear the gospel?
- What is one action you can take this week to become more involved in reaching those who do not know Jesus?
- Jesus’ ministry includes word and deed, proclamation and demonstration, as the means of bringing people to a new relationship with God. The church is now the Body of Christ, so how should our mission be shaped by “word” and “deed”? How do we help people be saved and see God (c.f. Acts 16; 1 John 4:12)?
- Spiritual Exercise: In prayer, ask the Holy Spirit to guide you toward either a place to serve those outside the church, or to specific people in your life who do not yet trust Jesus as their Savior. Respond in obedient faith and pray that God would give you open doors to talk about Jesus and opportunities to show God’s love.