Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Acts 2:41-47 three or four times.
- In Acts 2:42, what were the Christians continually working at in their lives? Is there one of these areas you need to recommit to consistently practicing?
- Luke uses the Greek word koinonia to describe the first century church. Study this word, often translated “fellowship” or “partnership” at studylight.org or biblehub.org. What is something you learned about being in koinonia?
- Think about and expand on this statement: It is impossible to love the Christian life in isolation from other Christians. True? False? Why?
- Jesus’ ministry included word and deed, proclamation and demonstration, as the means of bringing people to a new relationship with God. The church is now the Body of Christ, so how should our mission be shaped by “word” and “deed”? How do we help people be saved and see God (c.f. Acts 16; 1 John 4:12)?
- Spiritual Exercise: Pray that the Holy Spirit would draw you to put into practice in your life this week one of the following exhortations to koinonia: Romans 12:10, 16; 14:13; Galatians 5:13; Ephesians 4:2, 32; 5:19,21; Colossians 3:16; 1 Thessalonians 4:18; 5:11,15.