Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Daniel chapters 10, 11, and 12. Then re-read chapter 12.
- Are there repeated words or phrases in the chapters? How are they significant?
- Where do you connect with Daniel’s experience in chapters 10-12?
- Read Genesis 2:7; 3:19 and Daniel 12:2. What does it mean that God will
awaken some who sleep in the dust? What does this mean about death and life? (c.f. Isaiah 25:8; 1 Cor. 15:54 and 2 Tim. 1:10)
- What verses speak comfort or hope to you from chapter 12? Why?
- Read Jesus’ teaching in Matt. 13:36-43. What are some parallel ideas?
- Read Acts 1:6-9. What does it look like to “go your way” for Jesus followers? What is the “way” we should be going through life?
Spiritual Exercise: The authors of Scripture often refer to the Christian life as a
marathon or long journey. It takes perseverance and wisdom to finish the course. The writer of Hebrews tells us it is foolish to carry unnecessary weight and sin as we run, walk, or crawl toward Jesus. Read Hebrews 12:1-4. As your read, ask the Holy Spirit to expose any “weight” or “sin” that is hindering your journey. What do you need to do to get gain freedom in this area?