Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Daniel 5. What verse most stands out to you? Why?
- Think about the party (vv.1-4) against the backdrop of the imminent fall of Babylon (5:30-31). It seems Belshazzar might be medicating himself against his mortality… how do people in Corvallis medicate themselves against their mortality?
- The author abruptly juxtaposes Nebuchadnezzar’s humbling (Daniel 4) with Belshazzar’s condemnation (Daniel 5). What seems to be the difference between King Neb and King Bel? Is this about information or response?
- What can you learn about serving Jesus from Daniel in this chapter?
- Where does Jesus talk about parties and banquets that can give you hope?
- Spiritual Exercise: Read and reflect upon Psalm 23. Consider it in light of Daniel 5. In prayer, ask the Lord to show you how He is brining the promises of the Psalm into your daily life.