Pastor Steve Thomas
Psalm 46 & Mark 6:31-32
- Consider what it will take to make stillness practice effective this Advent season.
- Do you find stillness comfortable? How about stillness before the Lord? How can Jesus’ invitation in Mark 6:31-32 help you anticipate stillness?
- Where will the threats to stillness during Advent come from in your life? How can you guard stillness?
- Consider the sources of busyness in your life? Any patterns or practices? Is there anything under the surface of the busy which you need to talk about with God?
- Stillness means solitude and silence for the purposes of connecting with God. What will you do to foster connection in your times of stillness this Advent? (Consider—reflect on scripture; read a Christmas devotional; sing and/or reflect on Christmas carols; journal; pray; draw; paint; walk hike retreat to the beach, closet, or cabin; wake up early; turn your phone off; etc.)