Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Daniel 4. What are some repeated phrases or words? How does this help you identify the major theme?
- What can you learn from Daniel’s role in this story?
- Read Romans 1:21-32. Consider Nebuchadnezzar’s judgment in light of Paul’s teaching on God “giving over”. How can pride lead to dehumanizing?
- Read carefully Nebuchadnezzar’s language before his humiliation (vv.29-30) and after his restoration (vv.1-3 and vv.34-39). What are some marks of humility, some changes, you see in Nebuchadnezzar’s words?
- Is there a time in your life when God, in His graciousness, humbled you? How did you grow through that experience?
- How can you use this passage to build a healthy self-confidence?
- Spiritual Exercise: The king’s state of mind changed when his eyes moved and he looked upward. This week, if your pride is showing in insecurity or arrogance, or you are feeling anxious from scarcity or while “content and prosperous”, turn your eyes to heaven in humble acknowledgment of God’s rule and ask Him to restore your “reason” and find peace in His reign.