Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Mark 4:1-20 noting occurrences of the words “hear” and “word.”
- Who is with Jesus in vv.1-9? Who is present in vv.10-20? Who responded to Jesus’ exhortation to use their ears in v.9?
- What are some shared characteristics of Jesus’ “word” and a “seed”?
- How does the parable encourage you? How does it challenge you?
- If the “gospel” or “word” is so powerful, what is something you can do to help that word continue to be heard in your life?
- Spiritual Exercise: Ask the Holy Spirit to bring a verse, Psalm, Bible story, or biblical truth, to your mind this week. This “word” may be a verse you have known for years, something a friend shares with you, or a part of your
devotional reading. When it lands in your heart, receive it and let it grow.