Pastor Steve Thomas
1 John 1:5-7
- Read 1 John chapter 1. Then, read verses 1-7 two or three times.
- What is John’s stated desire for the readers in 1 John 1:3? What do verses 5-7 teach us about experiencing John’s purpose in verse 3?
- John uses the metaphor “light” in this section. Study John’s use of these words in 1 John and the gospel of John. What does it mean that “God is light”? How does that explain “darkness”? You can look here if you need help.
- If someone said “walking in the light” means you don’t sin, how would you respond?
- How would you know you are “walking in the light”? How about in darkness?
Spiritual Exercise: Waling in the light means at least making choices in your day which respond to God’s leading and heart. This week, as often as you can, pray “Lord, help me to walk in the light as you are in the light.” What steps is God wanting you to make with Him? What steps of faith is He calling you to take with His presence helping you?