Pastor Steve Thomas
- Read Isaiah 6 two or three times. What words or phrases stand out to you?
- How dose God’s revelation in Isaiah 6 challenge some of our culture’s assumptions about God and human goodness? Read Ephesians 2:1-16. What are parallel themes?
- Isaiah was given this vision “during the year King Uzziah died”. The emphasis is upon the historic circumstances. What do you suppose the relationship was between the timing and the content of Isaiah’s vision?
- Read Revelation 1, 4-5. These are visions of the resurrection Christ written for us to realize His preeminence and position over all creation. Where do you need to see this vision in your life circumstances?
- Jesus taught the Holy Spirit moves as freely as the wind (John 3). We can’t corral the Holy Spirit, yet we are dependent upon the Holy Spirit to encounter God. Would you commit to pray every Sunday morning for the next 6 months: 1) “God, show yourself to me as I come to worship you… Encounter me” and 2) “God, show yourself to your people when we gather to worship you… Shake us.” How will you remind yourself?